Yumiko Ikezoe is a self-taught jewelry designer and runs her signature line YUM. Her incredible pieces not only give the final touch to the #ootd, but are true art pieces. We, who love elegant statement jewelry, fell in love with the rings.
Jewelry speaks for itself, but who is Yumiko as a designer? Read her answers to our 10 questions.
1. What is your favorite place?
My room is my favorite place. I feel relaxed there.
2. Where do you design your jewelry?
I have an atelier in my room and that’s where I design.
3. What are the 3 things you always have in your bag?
Glasses, lipstick, and business cards.
4. What’s your favorite clothing brand?
I like REKISAMI and sakayori.
5. What are the things you can’t live without?
Good food, sake, and my friends.
6. What is your life motto?
I want to live in a funky way.
7. Why did you become a jewelry designer?
I couldn't find jewelry that I wanted to wear, so I simply decided to make it by myself, even though I didn’t really know much about jewelry making.
8. How long does it to make to create one piece ?
It takes about 2 months, including the designing time.
9. Who do you design for?
People who are fashionable.
10. What kind of messages do you want to send with your jewelry?
I always think about women who are cool, and have their own style and personality while designing. I also hope that young women will grow that way.
Photographed by Anya Yakushima
Translated by Natsumi